Joy comes from...
Sunday Jan 8th
“Having a Radical Positivity”
1) How would you describe your relationship with God? To yourself, another believer, and a non-believer? How would your language change in each of these descriptions?
2) How often are you thankful? How often do you voice your thanks - perhaps count this week the number of times you speak positively about something / someone compared to speaking negatively.
3) When you pray for others, what do you pray for most often?
Sunday Jan 15th
“Having a Godly Perspective”
1) How do you view difficult circumstances regarding your relationship to God?
2) What was the last difficulty God helped you through? How did your faith make a difference? What did God teach you through that difficult journey?
3) How confident are you in your faith? When times of testing come, does it make you question your faith? What doubts do you have? What are you doing about them?
4) What aims do you have about your spiritual growth in 2012? How will you achieve them?
Sunday Jan 22nd
1) How would you describe the mission of Trinity Church?
2) What are the areas where you agree and disagree about how we are accomplishing that mission?
3) How does your feelings about the above affect your relationship with God, and with other members of the Church?
4) How united do you feel with believers of others denominations? Does it vary between denominations? Should it?
Sunday Jan 29th
1) How would you define successful living?
2) How do you think God defines it?
3) Now look at the reading above, how is successful living defined in this passage?
4) Based on the passage definition, how successful are you?
“A Radical Basis and Radical Growth”
1) How would you describe the foundational values on which your life is built? What would you include, and what would you exclude in your list?
2) What are the foundations that Paul lists in this passage?
3) Read Philippians 3:10. What do you understand by the terms “the power of his resurrection” and “the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death”?
4) What does it mean to “attain to the resurrection of the dead”?
5) How would you describe a “mature believer” (vs. 15)? Is that you? Why / why not? How can you grow more mature?
“Maintaining a Radical Peace”
1) How at peace within yourself do you feel?
2) Do you find it easy to “rejoice in the Lord” (vs. 4)? Why / why not?
3) What are the things which inhibit your rejoicing, and what things facilitate it? How can you rejoice more freely?
4) Are you an anxious person (vs. 6), or have anxieties about anything right now? How does prayer help alleviate anxiety?
5) What is the “peace of God” (vs. 7)? How would you describe it to a non-believer? What difference does having His peace make in your life?